Rich in an impressive variety of hormones, nutrients, as well as iron and protein, the postpartum consumption of placenta is becoming increasingly popular amongst today's new mothers. A vast body of anecdotal evidence gives compelling testimony to placentophagy's beneficial effects on milk supply, mood disorders, and energy levels.
Many women today are choosing to use their placenta, the organ which nourishes our babies for 9 months, as a postpartum remedy for themselves to help decrease the “baby blues,” postpartum depression, regain their strength after pregnancy and increase breast milk production.
As a placenta service provider, I can prepare your placenta via the Raw or Traditional Chinese Medicine processes of encapsulation, which yield approximately 105-200 capsules that are taken throughout the postpartum period. Nutrients and hormones are replenished, supporting the new mother as her energy returns, encouraging an abundant milk supply and helping to ward off postpartum depression.
Traditional Chinese Medicine – This traditional Chinese medicine method follows the preparation of lightly steaming the placenta with warming herbs (ginger, lemon, jalapeno pepper) before dehydration.
Raw Placenta Encapsulation – The placenta is dehydrated raw and follows the principles of the raw food diet. It is said to retain more vitamins and helpful enzymes.
Traditionally, placenta capsules are used to help:
- balance your hormones
- encourage milk production
- increase your energy levels
- prevent postpartum depression
- you recover more quickly from birth
- bring the body back into balance
- shorten postpartum bleeding
- assist the uterus to return to size
- increase postpartum iron levels
Women who take placenta capsules report fewer emotional issues and enjoy a faster, more pleasant postpartum recovery.
With a shelf life spanning decades, placenta tincture is a fantastic way to retain some of the benefits of the placenta for lifelong use.
Made from a piece of the mother's own raw placenta after birth, steeped in alcohol for 6 weeks, this strong remedy is used for emotional, mental and psychological instability and may also be beneficial in treating PMS symptoms and during the transition of menopause.
Used quite simply by placing a few drops under the tongue or diluted in water. Suggested dosage is 10-40 drops, two to three times a day during times of need.
Stored in a cool, dry place, your placenta tincture will last indefinitely!
Best consumed as soon as possible after your baby and placenta are born, placenta smoothies are highly nutritious and restorative. Made of a piece of fresh placenta (the rest can be prepared into capsules or other remedies), a mix of fruits and berries and a little water, they are simple and delicious. I promise…you really can’t taste the placenta!
The raw placenta is known for its high contents of stem cells and growth factors which together heal damaged tissue and organs at a very incredible rate. Consuming the placenta raw is the most natural and benefitial way to benefit from your placenta after birth.
Benefits of raw placenta smoothies:
- Helps stop post partum haemorrhaging and trigger the body to quickly heal internal wounds
- Significantly reduces blood loss
- Gives the body an immediate supply of essential vitamins and nutrients
- Provides the body with an immediate boost of hormones to begin healing the body after birth
- Gives the mother an immediate feeling of strength and balance
- Most mothers who have the smoothie report milk ‘comes in’ at day 2 post-partum rather than 3-4 days post-partum
- Eases the hormonal transition to postpartum and helps prevent the ‘baby blues’ around the time when milk engorges the breasts
Placenta Print & Cord Keepsake
All encapsulation orders will receive a complementary umbilical cord keepsake, as well as a placenta art print. These make lovely keepsakes for you and your family and are beautiful mementos of the "Tree of Life" that sustained your baby during pregnancy.
Please find all my relevant fees here.
- I am OSHA certified and follow strict guidelines for blood born pathogen transmission prevention -
This information has not been evaluated by the FDA. The placenta services of Fabulous Birth & Fabienne Greenberg are not clinical, pharmaceutical, or intended to diagnose or treat any condition. If you choose to use placenta services, you take full responsibility for your health and research regarding the benefits of placentophagy.